One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There, a vast fleet of brand new motor buses and taxis competed for trade with the brand new electrified trams.’
- ‘It was withdrawn in 1932 on the formation of a new motor bus company, Keighley-West Yorkshire.’
- ‘Had the cable-to-electric conversion of 1921-23 been delayed by only a few years, motor buses rather than electric trams would have been substituted.’
- ‘The motor bus, introduced to Edinburgh in 1898, spread rapidly and transformed the market, raising capacity and reducing fares, and democratized usage.’
- ‘The island's first motor bus accident is believed to have occurred on Friday, October 11 1907, just after 5:30 p.m. when Jane Anne Greaves, 55, was knocked down and her foot fractured by a bus as she was walking along Baxter's Road.’
- ‘Many still travelled by other means, and motor car and motor bus services were soon to play their part.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.