One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A part of the central nervous system concerned with muscular action, especially the motor cortex.
- ‘Cerebral palsy is a term used to describe a group of chronic disorders caused by faulty early development of or damage to motor areas in the brain.’
- ‘This technique rapidly became a standard way of testing the integrity of the nerve pathway from the motor area of the cerebral cortex to the motoneurons in the spinal cord.’
- ‘A condition resulting from a developmental defect or damage to the brain occurring before birth (or in some cases during or shortly after birth), cerebral palsy affects the motor areas of the brain.’
- ‘This effort engages the highest area of the brain, the cerebral cortex, particularly the motor areas of the cortex.’
- ‘Unlike most labs doing this type of research, Andersen's lab is looking at the planning areas of the brain rather than the primary motor area of the brain, because they believe the planning areas are less susceptible to damage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.