One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for motor neuron
- ‘This technique rapidly became a standard way of testing the integrity of the nerve pathway from the motor area of the cerebral cortex to the motoneurons in the spinal cord.’
- ‘The basic functional unit of muscle is the motor unit, which consists of a motoneuron and the muscle fibers that it innervates.’
- ‘The morphology of this cell is identical to a well-studied neuron in goldfish that is monosynaptically activated by the Mauthner cell and in turn excites spinal motoneurons.’
- ‘The activity in each muscle fiber corresponds to seizure activity in the motoneuron that innervates it.’
- ‘We first tested fluorescent indicators by injecting them into muscle to backfill motoneurons in spinal cord.’
- ‘But because hypoglossal motoneurons and motor axons project to any one of the eight tongue muscles, it is unclear to which of these muscles the motoneuronal activities corresponded.’
- ‘The seizure activity in a particular muscle corresponds to activity in the motoneuron that innervates it.’
- ‘An improved understanding of the receptor subtypes involved in state-dependent control of upper airway motoneurons may help establish more effective treatments.’
- ‘Hypoglossal motoneurons, whose activity determines the position, shape, and stiffness of the tongue, are the principle focus for basic research aimed at understanding control of upper airway function.’
- ‘It has been shown that activity in the muscle spindles is influenced, via gamma motoneurons, by joint and ligament receptors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.