One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to a motif or motifs.
- ‘And would the listener recognise the deeper significance, in Cantata 105, of the worship of money as a betrayal of Christ without that motivic relationship?’
- ‘In less capable hands such a flurry of motivic activity can disintegrate into the unintelligible.’
- ‘Each exploits contrast and color while elaborating motivic detail and assiduously building climaxes.’
- ‘The second motivic element announced in these opening bars is a quick upward scale.’
- ‘A fairy-tale opera for children, it has also found a steady adult following, in part for its skilful use of folk or folk-like songs in a simple motivic technique derived from Wagner.’
- ‘Instead, the melodic phrases owe their unity and continuity to the juxtaposition of short segments with obvious motivic connections.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.