One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tall strong-smelling European plant of the mint family. It is used in herbal medicine, especially in the treatment of gynaecological disorders.
- ‘Uterine-stimulating herbs, such as black cohosh, blue cohosh, achyranthes root, goldenseal, motherwort, wild ginger, and red raspberry leaf, have been used to induce labor.’
- ‘The herb motherwort seems to help, but is it safe?’
- ‘Combination products with dong quai, licorice root, burdock root, wild yam and motherwort have also been shown to decrease hot flashes, insomnia and mood swings.’
- ‘In his head, he made a catalog of what the tea would need - blackcurrant, chamomile, heather, hawthorn, lemon balm, motherwort, marjoram, passion flower, and St John's wort.’
- ‘This has been shown to be effective for sedating high thyroid, especially when combined with motherwort.’
- ‘Chewing insects can spread the disease from weeds as they feed, so be sure to remove all nearby pokeweed, nightshade, catnip, horsenettle and motherwort.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.