One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state of being a mother.‘she juggles motherhood with a demanding career’
- ‘By the time she delivered her first baby, she felt completely prepared for motherhood.’
- ‘She is working to balance motherhood with two small children along with post-doctoral work in neurobiology.’
- ‘Past performances show that women athletes who are determined to return to the top after embracing motherhood can succeed in their quest.’
- ‘Gina says she was prepared for motherhood and aims to be the best mum she can be.’
- ‘The project helped young mothers prepare and adjust to motherhood.’
- ‘"I think it's important that we embrace motherhood in the variety of different forms that it takes," she says.’
- ‘She admits she is quite surprised to find herself contemplating older motherhood.’
- ‘Women with children are now just as likely to be in work as those without, as more choose to delay motherhood until they have established their careers.’
- ‘She's too wrapped up in her desires at becoming a judge to contemplate motherhood.’
- ‘She gradually wound down her career, concentrating on motherhood and her abiding interest in environmental causes and other social issues.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.