One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A motel owner.‘the irate motelier had dumped two bags of clothes on her’
- ‘The motelier said the first contact with the offenders was at 2.00 am yesterday when a man arrived at the office wanting a room for him and some associates.’
- ‘These tenacious moteliers, noted for turning rundown properties into successful ventures, would have somehow managed to find room to accommodate two more people!’
- ‘We see that right now there are reports from moteliers that they cannot find cleaners.’
- ‘It will offer a behind-the-scenes look at the making of 1960 horror classic "Psycho", showing how the mercurial director cooked up the thrills and chills behind the story of a motelier who is a little bit off.’
- ‘He said moteliers weren't in a position to lower prices and give better deals because their margins wouldn't allow it.’
- ‘The actress does OK as the put-upon motelier who's had it up to here.’
- ‘"One motelier had their website translated into Chinese at a significant cost, but reports it paid for itself within 48 hours," he says.’
- ‘Moteliers are describing this holiday season as "disastrous" and "the worst yet" because of a dramatic drop in occupancy.’
- ‘Did you really think that you'd surprise the moteliers?’
- ‘A motelier said some of the stranger items guests left behind included a bag of marijuana, stray earrings, and a bottle of Moet champagne that had been forgotten, but was quickly reclaimed by the guest.’
1950s: blend of motel + hotelier.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.