One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substance that deters mosquitoes from approaching or settling.‘the oil from cedar wood acts as an excellent mosquito repellent’mass noun ‘make sure your kids apply mosquito repellent before they step out of the house’
- ‘Always apply mosquito repellant before spending time in outdoor areas where mosquitoes are plentiful.’
- ‘Her nonprofit group sells subsidized mosquito nets and distributes mosquito repellent to villagers.’
- ‘Housewives shared home recipes for mosquito repellents to smear on faces and hands.’
- ‘Over the summer, before I went outdoors, I put on ten times more mosquito repellant than years before!’
- ‘I am ordinarily not a big fan of lemongrass, as it reminds me of mosquito repellent lotion, but I enjoyed it there.’
- ‘The best way to avoid bites is to wear mosquito repellent.’
- ‘The report recommends using natural alternatives, such as disrupting mosquito-breeding cycles by removing stagnant water, and using natural mosquito repellant made of herbal extracts and oils.’
- ‘When they embark on a canoe trip, they wear mosquito repellent like a protective shield.’
- ‘I read the article about using catnip as a mosquito repellent.’
- ‘Rosemary: this wonderful herb we use for seasoning is also a great, natural mosquito repellant.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.