One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small red mark caused by the bite of a mosquito.‘the virus is spread mostly by mosquito bites’
- ‘There have been a small number of cases of tourists in Europe catching West Nile virus from mosquito bites.’
- ‘The saliva is what makes mosquito bites itch.’
- ‘Take steps to prevent mosquito bites, such as using long trousers and shirts.’
- ‘This deadly form of malaria is caused by a single cell organism which is transmitted by mosquito bite.’
- ‘She experienced an allergic reaction to a mosquito bite.’
- ‘I have a couple of very itchy mosquito bites.’
- ‘Some people were covered in mosquito bites from sheltering in the trees overnight.’
- ‘People can be infected through mosquito bites or by contact with infected animals.’
- ‘She had a mosquito bite on her right ankle that she'd scratched raw.’
- ‘She must be having mosquito bite allergy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.