One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Cirencester may have been the base for a ‘school’ of mosaicists serving the Cotswold region.’
- ‘His style is that of a pointillist or mosaicist, painstakingly filling in a picture.’
- ‘An architect was needed, as well as mosaicists, painters and masons.’
- ‘In general, mosaicists in most other parts of the Empire created realistic pictures in their mosaics, like paintings.’
- ‘Taking clues from faded documents, Mr Greenwood has linked the colourful works of art to the Italian mosaicist Gaetano Meo, whose work can also be seen at St Paul's Cathedral and at Westminster Cathedral.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.