One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The property or state of being composed of cells of two genetically different types.
- ‘This results in female mosaicism for loci located in the differential chromosome region.’
- ‘This can be explained on the basis of germline or gonadal mosaicism.’
- ‘High rates of structural instability have in fact been reported for palindromic transgenes in mice, where mitotic mosaicism and rearranged versions of the transgene have been detected in the progeny.’
- ‘We propose that both controls are general and do not constitute a novel ‘switch’ that enables sexual mosaicism in hermaphrodites.’
- ‘This mosaicism, Migeon explains, often gives women protection from genetic disease.’
- ‘Androgens could be implicated in the earlier death of males, but recent studies suggest that female mosaicism may enhance lifespan.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.