Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘It is for this reason that Paul does not impose the Mosaic Law upon Christians.’
- ‘As a Christian he acknowledged God as the creator of ethics and strove to sustain vestiges of Mosaic Law.’
- ‘This volume explores the perennial debate over Paul's understanding of and attitude toward the Mosaic Law.’
- ‘Thus, only after the exact moment of death would the requirements of the Mosaic Law be nullified.’
- ‘The Mosaic Law served as a way of life for the Israelites, but no Jew could keep it perfectly.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.