One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Everything was so mortifyingly obvious after all.’
- ‘Someone was about to get mortifyingly humiliated.’
- ‘The offensive ended, mortifyingly for the marines, in a decision to pull back from both cities.’
- ‘Did they offer this mortifyingly unfunny screenplay in protest against low wages and poor working conditions?’
- ‘The Daily Telegraph's critic carried on in similar vein, describing the show as ‘one of the most mortifyingly embarrassing I have ever witnessed’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.