Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for morphophonology
- ‘Enforcing regularity in morphophonemics is like trying to clean sand off the beach.’
- ‘Tonal morphophonemics is much more confusing to the beginning analyst than consonantal morphophonemics, even when the total number of rules is no greater.’
- ‘The major patterns and problems of Korean morphophonemics are discussed, along with a host of small-scale alternations to be accounted for in the lexicon and some interesting shape alternations in the formation of diminutives and in reduplicated forms.’
- ‘One empirical focus of her work has been the morphophonemics and prosody of Japanese.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.