One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
usually treated as singular Morphometry, especially of living organisms.
- ‘Specialties such as neuroimaging, electrophysiology, morphometrics and computational modeling each shape practices resulting in an array of preferred instrumentation and methods.’
- ‘We obtained data on plumage coloration and morphometrics for 32 males.’
- ‘Recent analyses of plumage and morphometrics of hybrids have increased the rigor of their identification.’
- ‘They must cover a wide range of morphological features and consist of characters that are preserved well enough to be used in character coding or landmark morphometrics.’
- ‘Recent enhancements include the development of geometric morphometrics, techniques that more directly preserve geometry and the spatial relationships among landmark points and contours of a form.’
- ‘Following oxygen consumption measurements, content of the nest box was inspected for presence of eggs and female morphometrics were taken.’
- ‘We quantified size and shape with the methods of geometric morphometrics.’
- ‘This study uses the methods of geometric morphometrics, which are based on an explicitly geometric definition of shape as all those features of a landmark configuration that are invariant to size, position, and orientation.’
- ‘Body mass and six morphometrics were taken from all birds blood sampled.’
- ‘We recognize species using morphometrics and a statistical population approach.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.