One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The origin and development of morphological characteristics.
- ‘Cell adhesion and cell separation are important in the morphogenesis and development of higher plants.’
- ‘During morphogenesis at any developmental stage, all plant cells require modifications of the cell wall structure.’
- ‘Rapid progress has been made in the understanding of key genetic elements controlling plant morphogenesis during the past few years.’
- ‘While this process may be gradual in different cell types, certain cells undergo very rapid and complex morphogenesis.’
- ‘Light is important for plant growth and morphogenesis, affecting germination, seedling development, shade avoidance, flowering, and photosynthesis.’
The formation of landforms or other structures.
- ‘But with the summer sun only 15° from overhead, and even the winter sun well above the horizon, how did mid-latitude periglacial morphogenesis work?’
- ‘Function addresses the issue of how the structure was selected to perform one or several activities, while fabrication deals with the biophysical processes acting during the morphogenesis of the structure.’
Late 19th century: modern Latin, from Greek morphē ‘form’ + genesis.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.