Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who craves morphine; a morphine addict.
abuser, userView synonyms
- ‘All morphiomaniacs are, doubtless, more or less like each other as far as the symptoms of the disease are concerned.’
- ‘Every reputable physician approaches with something of dread the subject of the treatment of those classes of patients known as morphiomaniacs and dipsomaniacs.’
- ‘To be a libertine is to be in a physical condition like that of a morphiomaniac, a drunkard, or a smoker.’
- ‘The morphinomaniac ordinarily uses relatively enormous doses.’
- ‘The morphinomaniac is often a psychopath from heredity.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.