One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who craves morphine; a morphine addict.
abuser, userView synonyms
- ‘To be a libertine is to be in a physical condition like that of a morphiomaniac, a drunkard, or a smoker.’
- ‘The morphinomaniac is often a psychopath from heredity.’
- ‘Every reputable physician approaches with something of dread the subject of the treatment of those classes of patients known as morphiomaniacs and dipsomaniacs.’
- ‘All morphiomaniacs are, doubtless, more or less like each other as far as the symptoms of the disease are concerned.’
- ‘The morphinomaniac ordinarily uses relatively enormous doses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.