One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who craves morphine; a morphine addict.
abuser, userView synonyms
- ‘To be a libertine is to be in a physical condition like that of a morphiomaniac, a drunkard, or a smoker.’
- ‘The morphinomaniac ordinarily uses relatively enormous doses.’
- ‘The morphinomaniac is often a psychopath from heredity.’
- ‘All morphiomaniacs are, doubtless, more or less like each other as far as the symptoms of the disease are concerned.’
- ‘Every reputable physician approaches with something of dread the subject of the treatment of those classes of patients known as morphiomaniacs and dipsomaniacs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.