One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I said morosely and mumbling to myself more than her… ‘I'm going to be 40 this year’.’
- ‘Late in life, Wren morosely described his ultimate profession of architecture as ‘rubbish’.’
- ‘Buried under a layer of quilts he alternated between moodily staring at the paper, morosely changing channels, or just being a great big ill-tempered miserable lump.’
- ‘Was a political career, he muttered morosely, really the way to spend one's life?’
- ‘‘No, we can't,’ Zoë sighed, gazing morosely into the water.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.