One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Fine flexible leather made (originally in Morocco) from goatskins tanned with sumac, used especially for book covers and shoes.‘a small fat volume bound in red morocco’as modifier ‘morocco leather’
- ‘Hand-coloured, mounted and bound in red morocco with a cusped yellow leather border, the plates are prefaced by a manuscript dedication by Angelo to the Prince of Wales.’
- ‘On the table lay a large open roll of morocco leather, containing rows of elegant little instruments in steel and ivory.’
- ‘Morocco leather was rarely used in England before 1600.’
- ‘The Italian text was contained in a white morocco leather case bearing the Italian royal arms’
- ‘The prize for the original Open competition in 1860 had been a red morocco belt with silver clasps.’
A country in NW Africa, with coastlines on the Mediterranean Sea and Atlantic Ocean; population 34,400,000 (estimated 2015); languages, Arabic (official), Berber; capital, Rabat.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.