One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A religious service taking place in the morning, especially the Anglican service of matins.‘on Sunday they all attended morning service’
- ‘On Sundays he attended morning service at Hope Street Congregational Church.’
- ‘Mordechai prayed the Shabbat morning service at the Kotel.’
- ‘The morning service starts at 10.30 am.’
- ‘Reverend Michael Williams will lead a morning service on November 5.’
- ‘Dean Furnell made the announcement at the end of morning service at York Minster.’
- ‘In a trip to visit Israel, Rabbi Berel Wein attended morning services in a synagogue in Jerusalem.’
- ‘She will open the first door of the Advent Calendar during morning service on Advent Sunday.’
- ‘Our morning service is for worshippers of all ages.’
- ‘On Sunday I preached to our larger congregation at the morning service for the first time.’
- ‘After morning services which everyone attends, the day is spent quietly at home.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.