One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The religious beliefs and practices of Mormons.
- ‘Steve is a good example of someone who lost his faith in Mormonism and then had to face his orthodox family and tell them he no longer believed.’
- ‘So, Mormonism teaches that we all pre-existed in the spirit realm having been produced from the union of god and his goddess wife.’
- ‘She confessed that, from the very beginning, she'd secretly hoped to convert me to Mormonism and marry me.’
- ‘However, it is safe to assume that the Book of Mormon will to a large degree determine the future directions of Mormonism.’
- ‘Mormonism became a major missionary force, with about two-thirds of the denomination's adherents in the 1990s located overseas.’
- ‘The first Icelandic settlers in North America arrived in Utah in 1855 seeking religious freedom to follow Mormonism.’
- ‘Heywood lived in Quincy for a time before converting to Mormonism in 1842.’
- ‘One of the signature traits of Mormonism has always been the induction of all male members of good standing into a multi-tiered priesthood.’
- ‘They insisted that they were devoid of any religious prejudice in their opposition to Mormonism.’
- ‘Mormonism also brings spiritual peace and meaning to the lives of many, who say their lives would be meaningless without Mormonism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.