One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pink transparent variety of beryl, used as a gemstone.
- ‘Madagascar is one of the largest producers of morganite.’
- ‘Large crystals of morganite have been found in the past.’
- ‘The mine also had the reputation of being a producer of fine crystals of morganite and kunzite.’
- ‘Gem varieties of beryl include emerald, aquamarine, red beryl, goshenite, heliodor, and morganite (pink or peach).’
- ‘It yielded a 6-cm morganite on a large crystal plate of cleavelandite and quartz.’
Early 20th century: from the name of J. P. Morgan (see Morgan, J. P) + -ite.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.