One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for boobook
- ‘Now, as the pre-dawn chill crunches in, the morepork is calling, getting next door's rooster going.’
- ‘Their calls now join the soft cries of moreporks, native forest owls that have found their own ways un-assisted onto the island's roster of breeding birds.’
- ‘We hear moreporks at night.’
- ‘At night, moreporks call to one another - a haunting cry that is now but rarely heard.’
- ‘‘I was the first to see a morepork, no more than two arms length away,’ said Roger with real excitement in his voice.’
Variant of mopoke.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.