One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for boobook
- ‘At night, moreporks call to one another - a haunting cry that is now but rarely heard.’
- ‘Their calls now join the soft cries of moreporks, native forest owls that have found their own ways un-assisted onto the island's roster of breeding birds.’
- ‘Now, as the pre-dawn chill crunches in, the morepork is calling, getting next door's rooster going.’
- ‘‘I was the first to see a morepork, no more than two arms length away,’ said Roger with real excitement in his voice.’
- ‘We hear moreporks at night.’
Variant of mopoke.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.