One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An organized march or rally.‘he will lead a massive morcha to the council hall’
demonstration, march, protest march, peace camp, rally, sit-in, human chain, occupation, sleep-in, dirty protest, write-in, non-cooperationView synonyms
- ‘I was too busy fitting strikes, morchas and first day first shows into my schedule.’
- ‘Our overworked, underpaid police have enough on their plates - morchas, bandobast, routine crime, VIP security and so on.’
- ‘Before I could collect it, he picked it up while leading his morcha to Azad Maidan.’
- ‘Instead, they will take out a morcha at Azad Maidan this afternoon to protest against the Supreme Court verdict on non-hawking zones in the city.’
- ‘But now, we have gathered the confidence to move resolutions, initiate debates and even take out ‘morchas’ on issues of concern to us.‘’
From Hindi morcā.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.