One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An organized march or rally.‘he will lead a massive morcha to the council hall’
demonstration, march, protest march, peace camp, rally, sit-in, human chain, occupation, sleep-in, dirty protest, write-in, non-cooperationView synonyms
- ‘I was too busy fitting strikes, morchas and first day first shows into my schedule.’
- ‘But now, we have gathered the confidence to move resolutions, initiate debates and even take out ‘morchas’ on issues of concern to us.‘’
- ‘Before I could collect it, he picked it up while leading his morcha to Azad Maidan.’
- ‘Instead, they will take out a morcha at Azad Maidan this afternoon to protest against the Supreme Court verdict on non-hawking zones in the city.’
- ‘Our overworked, underpaid police have enough on their plates - morchas, bandobast, routine crime, VIP security and so on.’
From Hindi morcā.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.