One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The condition of being diseased.‘the therapy can substantially reduce respiratory morbidity in infants’
- ‘In particular, the expansion of natural resource-based industries, like tanning and mining, fostered considerable morbidity.’
- ‘There is evidence that anti-inflammatory treatment can reduce morbidity from wheezing in early childhood.’
- ‘I find that the association between gestational diabetes and perinatal death or morbidity was recognized in 1983.’
- ‘Giardia is a common human parasite that can cause significant morbidity.’
- ‘Zinc supplementation decreases the morbidity of lower respiratory tract infection in pediatric patients in the developing world.’
- 1.1 The rate of disease in a population.‘the levels of air pollution are associated with increased morbidity from respiratory diseases’
- ‘In epidemiological and interventional studies blood pressure predicts morbidity and mortality in elderly people as effectively as in the young.’
- ‘Seasonal patterns as well as population density shaped morbidity and mortality patterns.’
- ‘The incidence of major morbidity (e.g., stroke) was less in the ambulatory surgery population than in age-matched controls from the surrounding area.’
- ‘A group of interested general practitioners started a service to collect morbidity data in the course of normal general practice.’
- ‘The Harvard Study of Air Pollution and Health compared respiratory morbidity in 6 cities in the eastern and midwestern United States.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.