One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘So I sat Dennis down a couple days ago and very mopily explained how overwhelmed I was.’
- ‘These people barely look old enough to be in the room, and they're all dancing mopily with one another in a big, buzzy swarm.’
- ‘The kids are kicking around the house mopily, needing chores, but I haven't got much for them to do.’
- ‘She mopily got out of the tub, wrapped herself in a towel, and announced she didn't feel much like a story tonight.’
- ‘She is so mopily irritating that it is hard to care what happens to her.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.