Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A dance to ska music characterized by heavy rhythmic stamping.
- ‘I have performed the skinhead moonstomp and have attempted moonwalking in Michael Jackson style.’
- ‘Take off your shoes and do the moonstomp!!’
- ‘I'm gonna learn the moonstomp.’
Perform a moonstomp.‘a crowd of 75,000 attended, and enthusiastically moonstomped around’
- ‘At a ska concert, you can find a mixture of many cultures skanking and moonstomping together: skinheads, rudeboys, punks, hippies, even preppies!’
- ‘They moonstomped in the aisles between the red booths and out into the street where the out of towners watched from a safe distance.’
- ‘Put your braces on your shoulders and your boots on your feet and get down to some full-on moonstomping.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.