Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A dance to ska music characterized by heavy rhythmic stamping.
- ‘I'm gonna learn the moonstomp.’
- ‘Take off your shoes and do the moonstomp!!’
- ‘I have performed the skinhead moonstomp and have attempted moonwalking in Michael Jackson style.’
Perform a moonstomp.‘a crowd of 75,000 attended, and enthusiastically moonstomped around’
- ‘Put your braces on your shoulders and your boots on your feet and get down to some full-on moonstomping.’
- ‘They moonstomped in the aisles between the red booths and out into the street where the out of towners watched from a safe distance.’
- ‘At a ska concert, you can find a mixture of many cultures skanking and moonstomping together: skinheads, rudeboys, punks, hippies, even preppies!’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.