Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The rising or time of rising of the moon above the horizon.‘it was actually about an hour after moonrise’
- ‘‘If you wish to speak more, Lady, I will wait for you by the wall after moonrise,’ the stranger's soft voice penetrated her thoughts.’
- ‘See to it that the men are ready to move on by the next moonrise.’’
- ‘Check out the moonrise, sometime around midnight.’
- ‘Observations took place in clear weather and ended at midnight, prior to moonrise.’
- ‘When I came back to myself, a woman's voice told us to meet her at the cottonwood out back at moonrise.’
- ‘The weather was so nice that day that we finished this series of photos with a lovely moonrise shot over the harbour, looking out from where I live.’
- ‘The eve was upon them, as a brilliant sunset became a glorious moonrise, transforming the lethargic day into a delirious nocturne.’
- ‘Farther west, the eclipse is under way as the Moon rises; for skywatchers along the Pacific coast of California, the beginning of the total phase nearly coincides with moonrise.’
- ‘She tells me we won't be going to the temple until after moonrise.’
- ‘Be prepared tonight for a journey, and meet me at moonrise beneath the Great Cottonwood.’
- ‘It was well-past moonrise when he suddenly roared at them ‘Faster!’’
- ‘His heart rate had increased considerably now that moonrise was drawing near.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.