Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A ray of moonlight.
- ‘His silhouette blocked out the moonbeam from entering the window, the dim light made it hard to see what was going on inside.’
- ‘The dark water flowed over sharp rocks and shined under the moonbeams.’
- ‘It'll not be long now before we'll be able to see the same sight on Cardigan Bay and, with any luck, watch the dolphins playing in the moonbeams.’
- ‘She turned out the light and lay down on the bed, staring at moonbeams on the ceiling… until very slowly, her eyes became heavy and closed.’
- ‘There were moonbeams shining through the branches everywhere.’
- ‘They were horses - No, unicorns, galloping across a landscape of mountains and valleys into a mysterious realm of twilight and moonbeams.’
- ‘The water sparkled, reflecting the soft, silvery moonbeams.’
- ‘Her skin was pale, the color of milk and moonbeams.’
- ‘The moonbeams shifted as the trees rocked back and forth in the wind.’
- ‘The water seemed to be touched by moonbeams, causing it to glow.’
- ‘Leaning out the window, one half of my face bathed in moonbeams, I plotted my fantastic escape.’
- ‘The tree branches seemed to reshape themselves as the moonbeams hit them.’
- ‘Cecilia walked along the ocean shore, dipping her feet into the cool water as crisp moonbeams formed pools of light along the sand.’
- ‘The temple was glistening with odd shadows and angles thanks to the moonbeams, and light reflected on and off his face.’
- ‘In the dim light of moonbeams streaming through the stern windows, she caught the sparkle of a wet streak on his cheek.’
- ‘A blue haze was cast over the world as the last moonbeam pierced the skies.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.