Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person with extreme left-wing political views.‘how did he go from being a fringe moonbat to being embraced by mainstream Democrats?’
- ‘Just like a typical moonbat, you took someone else's cause and made it your own.’
- ‘Her source was a lefty moonbat with an ax to grind.’
- ‘Yes he hasn't written anything worthwhile in decades and yes he is a raving moonbat.’
- ‘So, the old moonbat went storming off to complain to the police.’
- ‘I was hoping for at least some wingnut or moonbat to find a way to link the current White House staff to the high winds and driving rains approaching North Carolina right now.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.