One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for sunroof
- ‘Mark pulled back his cover for the moon roof, letting the pale rays flow into the car.’
- ‘The Cruiser pack adds anti-lock brakes, alloy wheels, a cassette player, hard spare wheel cover, power moon roof which tilts or slides according to your whim.’
- ‘There was a long navy blue limo outside and Nick was sitting on the roof, his feet dangling inside through the moon roof, holding out a rose.’
- ‘Then, she saw three people pop up out of the moon roof.’
- ‘All the way, I was blasting music with all the windows down and the moon roof open.’
- ‘It was July, and I drove with the windows down and the moon roof open.’
- ‘There's an optional fully-opening moon roof and a power rear window.’
- ‘Wind rushed into the car through the moon roof of her car, and it played happily with her free flowing hair.’
- ‘Fuel-efficient hybrid engines are about to join moon roofs and side air bags on the list of options for buyers of these cars.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.