One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Chinese festival held in the middle of the autumn.
- ‘There, for every major festival - such as New Year, the mid-autumn Moon Festival, and Tomb-Sweeping Day, when Chinese visit their ancestral tombs - we would celebrate family reunions.’
- ‘For the Moon Festival in mid-autumn, ‘moon cakes’ are served, baked pastries filled with ground sesame and lotus seeds or dates.’
- ‘It also coincided with the annual Moon Festival, billed as an auspicious time for reunions, and massive National Day celebrations for the 55th anniversary of the founding of the People's Republic.’
- ‘Perhaps China wants to let these people reunite with their families for the coming Moon Festival,’ said Chiu.’
- ‘The Mid-Autumn Festival, also known as the Moon Festival, is one of the three main holidays in the traditional Chinese calendar.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.