One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An abrupt and unaccountable change of mood.
- ‘He looked taken back from my mood swing.’
- ‘In one of her rapid mood swing she forgot that James was there and stormed out of the hallway, passing by Yasir on her way out.’
- ‘The mood swing sent Henri odd feelings, but he nodded.’
- ‘However parents should be alert to the difference between a mood swing and major depression.’
- ‘Both seemed surprised at my sudden mood swing and the question that seemingly came out of nowhere.’
- ‘Suddenly, a huge mood swing took over and I felt blissfully happy.’
- ‘‘Sorry, sorry,’ I mumbled, taken aback by her sudden mood swing.’
- ‘And the poll is showing really quite a mood swing among the people of California, at least compared to some other poll.’
- ‘‘Tell me,’ he said - and although his tone was more placid, she was still afraid he would get another mood swing.’
- ‘It was either disappointment at his sudden mood swing, or the fact that I had not eaten anything since breakfast.’
- ‘Though she knew she ought to consult the counsellor about this type of mood swing, she told herself she would do it after lunch.’
- ‘The mood swing can be swift, unexpected, and dangerous.’
- ‘I'd also taken a hardy amount of painkiller, and dulling the pain in my ankle factored into my mood swing as well.’
- ‘Knowing him for this long, I had gained the ability to pick out the reasons for any strange mood swing he went through.’
- ‘Well she didn't sound too angry, but you never know she could have a severe mood swing; maybe she had just gone insane?’
- ‘She must have sensed his sudden mood swing because she gave him a little punch in the arm and a brilliant smile that sent a rush of warmth through him.’
- ‘The sudden mood swing startled her, and Deanna quickly went back to her meal.’
- ‘Jenni didn't want another violent mood swing from Chris, so she didn't say anything, and felt vaguely guilty about it.’
- ‘‘My master had a mood swing and said he wanted me out,’ she explained.’
- ‘She shot back, a mood swing suddenly in course, ‘I'm not a little girl anymore and I know what to do and what not to do!’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.