One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An abrupt and unaccountable change of mood.
- ‘She shot back, a mood swing suddenly in course, ‘I'm not a little girl anymore and I know what to do and what not to do!’’
- ‘In one of her rapid mood swing she forgot that James was there and stormed out of the hallway, passing by Yasir on her way out.’
- ‘The mood swing can be swift, unexpected, and dangerous.’
- ‘I'd also taken a hardy amount of painkiller, and dulling the pain in my ankle factored into my mood swing as well.’
- ‘It was either disappointment at his sudden mood swing, or the fact that I had not eaten anything since breakfast.’
- ‘Well she didn't sound too angry, but you never know she could have a severe mood swing; maybe she had just gone insane?’
- ‘Though she knew she ought to consult the counsellor about this type of mood swing, she told herself she would do it after lunch.’
- ‘Jenni didn't want another violent mood swing from Chris, so she didn't say anything, and felt vaguely guilty about it.’
- ‘She must have sensed his sudden mood swing because she gave him a little punch in the arm and a brilliant smile that sent a rush of warmth through him.’
- ‘Suddenly, a huge mood swing took over and I felt blissfully happy.’
- ‘He looked taken back from my mood swing.’
- ‘‘My master had a mood swing and said he wanted me out,’ she explained.’
- ‘However parents should be alert to the difference between a mood swing and major depression.’
- ‘‘Tell me,’ he said - and although his tone was more placid, she was still afraid he would get another mood swing.’
- ‘Knowing him for this long, I had gained the ability to pick out the reasons for any strange mood swing he went through.’
- ‘And the poll is showing really quite a mood swing among the people of California, at least compared to some other poll.’
- ‘The mood swing sent Henri odd feelings, but he nodded.’
- ‘‘Sorry, sorry,’ I mumbled, taken aback by her sudden mood swing.’
- ‘The sudden mood swing startled her, and Deanna quickly went back to her meal.’
- ‘Both seemed surprised at my sudden mood swing and the question that seemingly came out of nowhere.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.