Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Deposits of excess fat on a man's chest that resemble a woman's breasts:‘boozing, overeating, and more female hormones in the environment have been blamed for blokes sprouting moobs’
- ‘The "new" older man has the waistline and the sagging jaw attended to, not to mention getting rid of the embarrassing breasts (man boobs or moobs) and eye-bags.’
- ‘Experts made the discovery after three boys aged four, seven and ten were diagnosed with gynaecomastia, which gives lads moobs?’
- ‘I could see silverback gorillas looking at me with envy and thinking "How do I get moobs like that?"’
- ‘Perhaps the sight of a middle-aged man, his moobs exposed to an arctic blast on a rainy Tuesday morning, might have been a little too much for her.’
- ‘The test will be putting on a white t-shirt and seeing if I have a perky ridge of moobs with the arm-holes straining around the guns.’
- ‘Boozing, overeating and more female hormones in the environment have been blamed for blokes sprouting moobs.’
- ‘For the rest, doctors will tell you to eat less and eat better, get down the gym and work those moobs away.’
- ‘Drinking too much coffee will have the opposite effect on them, turning lean pecs into hefty man boobs - or what the researchers described as "moobs."’
1990s: blend of man and boob.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.