Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1A traditional costume worn by men from Panama, consisting of short white cotton trousers and an embroidered shirt.
- ‘The far simpler and more rustic men's montuno is of Indian origin.’
- ‘The man's costume, the montuno, is a long white cotton shirt, with fringe or embroidered decorations, and knee-length trousers.’
2An improvised passage in a rumba.
- ‘It is the montuno that went on to ultimately develop into Salsa which is popular all over the world today.’
- ‘During the faster montuno section of the dance, the dancers may open up into moves where they don't face each other if they wish’
- ‘On the cha cha cha ‘Escucha El Ritmo’, Oscar Hernandez gets to play some really nice montuno and jazz chops.’
American Spanish, literally native to mountains, untamed.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.