One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Diarrhoea suffered by travellers, especially visitors to Mexico.
- ‘Unfortunately, the next few days produced the Middle Eastern equivalent of Montezuma's revenge.’
- ‘‘Maybe we'll get lucky- and Matt will too for that matter- and they'll get a raging case of Montezuma's revenge and end up stuck in the hotel for the week,’ he joked.’
- ‘‘Americans don't have to be afraid of Montezuma's revenge from our kitchen,’ Dr. Rique says.’
- ‘Any casual guest would have thought we were all suffering from Montezuma's revenge after a spicy South American supper.’
- ‘Many traveler's diseases are a nuisance like Montezuma's revenge, but some can be fatal, such as malaria, yellow fever, AIDS, and meningitis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.