One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for macrocarpa
- ‘First stop, the Northern Coast, where nearly one-third of California's champions grow, including the 1,291-point coast redwood, the 684-point California-laurel, and the 668-point Monterey cypress.’
- ‘Massey and his crew pruned eucalyptus trees on the southern border to increase the amount of sunlight that enters the site and planted a windrow of Monterey cypress trees to protect the site from prevailing northwesterly winds.’
- ‘Much of the path is shaded with Monterey cypress and pine trees and some eucalyptus.’
- ‘Among the trees that would be removed under the Fish and Wildlife Service plan would be 120-year-old Monterey cypress, a costal species with a fairly short life span that has started to die off or blow over.’
- ‘The biggest Monterey cypress is also notable for having a 116-foot crown spread, second among conifers after the 130-foot crown of the Torrey pine.’
- ‘Created when Mexican land grants were divided by San Francisco lawyer-leaseholders in 1857, the old ranches huddle behind clumps of wind-deformed Monterey cypresses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.