One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An extremely large pickup truck with greatly oversized tyres.
pickup truck, utility truck, utility vehicleView synonyms
- ‘The evening's thrills included monster truck racing, demolition derby, quad wars and more.’
- ‘His wheels are so thick and full beneath his dense torso that they conjure up images of monster truck tires on a Jeep.’
- ‘The speedway will also be hosting a visit by the $250,000 racing monster truck, Outback Thunda.’
- ‘The newly formed venture will allow Chinese citizens to have access to unprecedented Western cultural and sporting venues such as theater and motor sports, specifically monster truck events.’
- ‘Put a monster truck or a Formula One racing car into a parking lot and watch men of all ages flock to it.’
- ‘From motorcycles to monster trucks, tickets to events at the track are rarely more than $10.’
- ‘He's the one driving that big, monster truck you heard pull up, mom.’
- ‘The RAF base was split into five areas with over £1 million worth of vehicles on site, including cement mixers, a monster truck, an ambulance and a combine harvester.’
- ‘Many cars, from drag racers to sports cars to monster trucks carry different kinds of spoilers on them.’
- ‘We used to build little ramps in the parking lot of a closed-down mall and the next morning you'd find all the ramps crushed with monster truck tire marks all over them.’
- ‘The vintage car and commercial rally saw a bright yellow Robin Reliant sharing field space with monster trucks and cars.’
- ‘The pair arrived in a red monster truck, and the 300 guests didn't even know it was a wedding until after they arrived.’
- ‘David used to drive a monster truck and has spent some time in motorcycle racing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.