One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘The wet season is a bit different to Darwin - the monsoonal down-pours are a regular occurrence here,’ he said.’
- ‘The monsoonal rains began on July 26, when an unprecedented 76 centimetres of rain fell in just 24 hours, devastating the city's inadequate infrastructure.’
- ‘As monsoonal rains poured down, the Gulf Country of Queensland, and extensive areas of the dry centre, were turned into vast inland seas, isolating pastoral stations and causing heavy cattle losses.’
- ‘The climate of the study area is sub-tropical and monsoonal.’
- ‘Rainfall in the savannah region usually arrives between November and April in heavy bursts from monsoonal depressions or tropical cyclones.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.