One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having a valency of one.
- ‘These channels appear to be plasma membrane-located and non-selective, being permeable to both monovalent and divalent cations.’
- ‘Fully deprotonating both acidic residues would appear to totally alter the selectivity of the channel, making it more suitable for divalent ions than monovalent ones.’
- ‘Thus, the competition between monovalent and divalent cations acts only on the DNA sites and does not act on the mica sites.’
- ‘The hydrophobic fourfold channels, in contrast, present large energy barriers for both monovalent and divalent ions, practically insurmountable for the latter.’
- ‘The phenyl group is a monovalent organic radical, derived from benzene.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.