Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of an organic compound, especially a fat) saturated except for one multiple bond.
- ‘It is suggested that replacing saturated fats in the typical American diet with monounsaturated fats present in macadamia nuts has a favorable effect on lipoprotein levels.’
- ‘Meta-regressions also explored the relation between change in proportion of saturated fat, polyunsaturated fat, and monounsaturated fat on cardiovascular events.’
- ‘Polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats tend to decrease blood cholesterol levels when substituted for saturated fats.’
- ‘In refractory cases, monounsaturated fats may replace carbohydrates, but weight and lipid profile should be closely monitored.’
- ‘It contains less monounsaturated fat and more unhealthy artery-clogging saturated fat than olive oil, Weil says.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.