One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of an organic compound, especially a fat) saturated except for one multiple bond.
- ‘Polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats tend to decrease blood cholesterol levels when substituted for saturated fats.’
- ‘It is suggested that replacing saturated fats in the typical American diet with monounsaturated fats present in macadamia nuts has a favorable effect on lipoprotein levels.’
- ‘In refractory cases, monounsaturated fats may replace carbohydrates, but weight and lipid profile should be closely monitored.’
- ‘It contains less monounsaturated fat and more unhealthy artery-clogging saturated fat than olive oil, Weil says.’
- ‘Meta-regressions also explored the relation between change in proportion of saturated fat, polyunsaturated fat, and monounsaturated fat on cardiovascular events.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.