One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Here the actors spoke slowly, reverently, and monotonously, with pauses long enough for the audience to go out for a smoke.’
- ‘They have not lost at the ground in a league game in 11 visits, and won yesterday in a manner which has become monotonously predictable.’
- ‘‘We need to go,’ he said, slowly and monotonously.’
- ‘Sure enough, the driver was nearing a stop - a little too fast, incidentally - and the Stop Requested sign was beeping monotonously.’
- ‘They just keep on turning out winners almost monotonously.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.