One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The significance of monotonicity is that simple linear models are able to capture interaction effects and nonlinear effects amazingly well.’
- ‘This takes advantage of the better asymptotic properties of the difference in the log variances, as well as of the monotonicity of the transformation.’
- ‘In short, in ceasing to be homogenous, they cannot escape their own monotonicity.’
- ‘We are interested in testing the hypothesis of a relatively recent population expansion; thus we limited our investigation to the time interval where monotonicity applies.’
- ‘Knowing some of their properties, such as monotonicity, is often sufficient to constrain the behavior of the variables.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.