One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The treatment of a disease with a single drug.
- ‘Dropout rates were similar for monotherapy and double therapy but significantly higher in trials containing protease inhibitors.’
- ‘It is indicated for use as monotherapy or in combination therapy with metformin, a sulfonylurea, or insulin in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.’
- ‘Both the systematic review and meta-analyses confirmed the superiority of combination therapy to inhaled corticosteroids monotherapy.’
- ‘As a group, these studies imply that combination treatment for most patients in hospital for mania represents a substantial acute advantage in treatment over monotherapy.’
- ‘Further studies are needed to determine nortriptyline's efficacy as monotherapy in the treatment of diabetic neuropathy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.