One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The treatment of a disease with a single drug.
- ‘It is indicated for use as monotherapy or in combination therapy with metformin, a sulfonylurea, or insulin in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.’
- ‘Both the systematic review and meta-analyses confirmed the superiority of combination therapy to inhaled corticosteroids monotherapy.’
- ‘Further studies are needed to determine nortriptyline's efficacy as monotherapy in the treatment of diabetic neuropathy.’
- ‘Dropout rates were similar for monotherapy and double therapy but significantly higher in trials containing protease inhibitors.’
- ‘As a group, these studies imply that combination treatment for most patients in hospital for mania represents a substantial acute advantage in treatment over monotherapy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.