Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The treatment of a disease with a single drug.
- ‘It is indicated for use as monotherapy or in combination therapy with metformin, a sulfonylurea, or insulin in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.’
- ‘Dropout rates were similar for monotherapy and double therapy but significantly higher in trials containing protease inhibitors.’
- ‘As a group, these studies imply that combination treatment for most patients in hospital for mania represents a substantial acute advantage in treatment over monotherapy.’
- ‘Further studies are needed to determine nortriptyline's efficacy as monotherapy in the treatment of diabetic neuropathy.’
- ‘Both the systematic review and meta-analyses confirmed the superiority of combination therapy to inhaled corticosteroids monotherapy.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.