(of a reflex pathway) involving a single synapse.
- ‘In wild type, this response is via a monosynaptic pathway and has a characteristically short latency that is stable at high frequencies of stimulation.’
- ‘The latency of the first potential was around 5 msec and was considered as monosynaptic reflex.’
- ‘The key to making the discovery was the development of new techniques that allow monosynaptic connections between pairs of cells to be examined with dual intracellular recordings.’
- ‘In blowflies, a subset of these sensors make strong monosynaptic connections with the motor neurons of steering muscles.’
- ‘These include not only reciprocal inhibitory connections between the interneuron groups, but also monosynaptic inputs to swim motoneurons.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.