One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An unpaired (usually X) chromosome in a diploid chromosome complement.
- ‘RSLs are lines in which a chromosome pair is replaced by a recombined monosome (monosomic RSL) or disome (disomic RSL).’
- ‘The J21A minichromosome is transmitted to only 27% of the progeny in a monosome transmission assay, corresponding to half the frequency observed for a normal monosome.’
- ‘Thirty-four monosomes and telosomes, representing 18 of the 26 chromosomes, were used in combination with six mutants that were associated with nine loci.’
- ‘Fractions from the lower density region of the gradient include ribosomal subunits, 80 S monosomes and mRNP complexes.’
- ‘This shoulder peak disappears if extracts are centrifuged under conditions that dissociate monosomes and polysomes into free 40S and 60S subunits.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.