Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A single print taken from a design created in oil paint or printing ink on glass or metal.‘the final room shows two sculptural canvases and a large monoprint’‘she won an award of merit for her monoprint of a father and child’
- ‘A rose-coloured monoprint of Heslop's smiling face stares enigmatically from the plastic surface of the DVD picture disc.’
- ‘This is a monoprint I did at a life drawing class.’
- ‘While some created their monoprints, others began to compose first drafts of their poems at the computer.’
- ‘I worked on the two new etchings and the four monoprints that I started before Christmas.’
- ‘A few examples of monoprints are shown on the page.’
- ‘Later, she began to incorporate more monoprints, cloth and etchings into her work.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.