One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A single print taken from a design created in oil paint or printing ink on glass or metal.‘the final room shows two sculptural canvases and a large monoprint’‘she won an award of merit for her monoprint of a father and child’
picture, design, engraving, etching, lithograph, silk screen, linocut, plate, cut, woodcut, vignetteView synonyms
- ‘A few examples of monoprints are shown on the page.’
- ‘I worked on the two new etchings and the four monoprints that I started before Christmas.’
- ‘Later, she began to incorporate more monoprints, cloth and etchings into her work.’
- ‘This is a monoprint I did at a life drawing class.’
- ‘While some created their monoprints, others began to compose first drafts of their poems at the computer.’
- ‘A rose-coloured monoprint of Heslop's smiling face stares enigmatically from the plastic surface of the DVD picture disc.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.