One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A single print taken from a design created in oil paint or printing ink on glass or metal.‘the final room shows two sculptural canvases and a large monoprint’‘she won an award of merit for her monoprint of a father and child’
picture, design, engraving, etching, lithograph, silk screen, linocut, plate, cut, woodcut, vignetteView synonyms
- ‘Later, she began to incorporate more monoprints, cloth and etchings into her work.’
- ‘This is a monoprint I did at a life drawing class.’
- ‘I worked on the two new etchings and the four monoprints that I started before Christmas.’
- ‘While some created their monoprints, others began to compose first drafts of their poems at the computer.’
- ‘A rose-coloured monoprint of Heslop's smiling face stares enigmatically from the plastic surface of the DVD picture disc.’
- ‘A few examples of monoprints are shown on the page.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.