Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A single print taken from a design created in oil paint or printing ink on glass or metal.‘the final room shows two sculptural canvases and a large monoprint’‘she won an award of merit for her monoprint of a father and child’
picture, design, engraving, etching, lithograph, silk screen, linocut, plate, cut, woodcut, vignetteView synonyms
- ‘This is a monoprint I did at a life drawing class.’
- ‘A few examples of monoprints are shown on the page.’
- ‘A rose-coloured monoprint of Heslop's smiling face stares enigmatically from the plastic surface of the DVD picture disc.’
- ‘I worked on the two new etchings and the four monoprints that I started before Christmas.’
- ‘Later, she began to incorporate more monoprints, cloth and etchings into her work.’
- ‘While some created their monoprints, others began to compose first drafts of their poems at the computer.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.