One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An economic system based on monopolies.‘the enemy of entrepreneurialism is monopolism’
- ‘Capitalism works, but must be regulated to prevent monopolism.’
- ‘"A reliable protection of the copyright is possible only under conditions of honest competition, rather than monopolism," he said.’
- ‘He is a robber baron who made his money through despicable behavior and monopolism.’
- ‘Its necessary to bear in mind that monopolism does not exclude competition.’
- ‘Government meddling and bureaucracy, to whatever degree that might be true, is preferable to unbridled monopolism.’
- ‘None of these mainstream idiots understand that monopolism has a well-conceived dogma that aspires to destroy entrepreneurialism.’
- ‘Meanwhile, a decade of growing monopolism in this country means broadband take-up is now below the rates elsewhere.’
- ‘After all, we live in a capitalist country with less and less supervision of stealthy, healthy monopolism.’
- ‘We must join hands in standing up against aberrant monopolism.’
- ‘It is obvious today that state monopolism in any of its manifestations hinders the development of the country's oil and gas sector.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.