One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As a walnut tree ages, the development pattern changes from monopodial to sympodial.’
- ‘The main axis of each is a monopodial unbranched rhizome that grows plagiotropically, with little internode elongation, below the soil surface.’
- ‘Rhynia is also a vascular plant, with somewhat monopodial branching to a height of about 18 cm.’
- ‘An unusual monopodial plant, having erect slender stems with a few narrow leaves, the orchid Arundina gramini folia is originally from the forests of Asia.’
- ‘Ulmus pumila is a woody species with monopodial branching and alternate leaves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.