One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a group of organisms) descended from a common evolutionary ancestor or ancestral group, especially one not shared with any other group.
- ‘We extended the analysis to the five cowbird species that conform a monophyletic group in the phylogeny.’
- ‘Given two monophyletic groups of taxa, the site patterns found in an alignment of sequences can be described in terms of five classes.’
- ‘Taxa names represent monophyletic groups of viruses with similar coding capacities.’
- ‘The tree topology showed that the endosymbiotic species formed a well-supported monophyletic group.’
- ‘Most of the traditionally recognized subgenera of Anchusa are also supported as monophyletic groups by both nuclear and plastid sequence data.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.